The VOICE - Call out for Youth
I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to you as a passionate advocate for the well-being and empowerment of our youth. Over the past 20+ years, I have witnessed the remarkable impact that The Voice! Youth in Care Newsletter Project can have on young individuals. I hope you will encourage the youth under your care to participate in our program.
The Voice! offers a unique platform for young people to express themselves, engage in meaningful discussions, and contribute to the development of this program that directly affects their lives. By participating in this program, youth gain responsibility and community involvement that can shape their personal growth and help them become active, informed, and responsible citizens. Many current and past participants refer to the others in the program as their “family”.
There are numerous benefits of involving youth in initiatives like The Voice! By participating in our programming, the youth you work with can:
1. Develop Leadership Skills: Engaging in group discussions, brainstorming, and decision-making processes helps young individuals develop essential leadership skills that will serve them well in various aspects of their lives.
2. Enhance Communication Abilities: The program encourages participants to voice their thoughts, concerns, and ideas effectively, fostering improved communication skills crucial for personal and professional success.
3. Civic Engagement: The Voice! provides a safe and encouraging space for children and youth to explore community and societal issues, enabling them to become active participants in shaping a better future.
4. Personal Growth: By participating in meaningful discussions and collaborative activities, youth can experience personal growth, increased self-esteem, and a stronger sense of identity.
5. Networking Opportunities: Interacting with peers, mentors, and community leaders within the program can help youth expand their network and gain exposure to diverse perspectives.
Enrolling the young people, you work with in The Voice can have a long-term, positive impact on their lives. By allowing them to contribute their ideas and opinions, we nurture their potential to become engaged and responsible citizens who actively shape our society.
We’re planning to accept new participants until the last week of November. We will be having In-formal “drop-in” style sessions every Wednesday evening, beginning October 18th, 2023. Please reach out to RSVP, at which time, you will receive time and location.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or require further information about The Voice! Youth in Care Newsletter Project. Together, we can empower our youth to become the leaders of tomorrow and create a brighter future for Nova Scotia.
Please feel free to forward this email to anyone you feel could benefit from knowing more about The Voice!
Thank you for your dedication to the well-being of our youth.
The Voice Youth In Care Newsletter Project