Foster Allegation Support Services
In the uncommon circumstance where a foster parent faces allegations of abuse or neglect, the experience can be very traumatic. The Federation of Foster Families provides support through a full-time Foster Allegation Support Worker to ensure proper representation and that the Protocol for Investigating Allegations of Abuse and Neglect has been followed.
The Foster Allegation Support Services program’s objectives are to:
- Increase availability of Foster Allegation Support Services
- Advocate for and support foster families who are undergoing allegations of abuse or neglect
- Advocate for and support foster families who are involved in the appeal process as a result of an investigation
- Provide accountable documentation for service delivery and program evaluation as requested by the Department of Community Services
The Foster Allegation Support Worker strives to meet the objectives of the Federation’s Support Program through:
- Protocol information sessions presented to Foster Parent Associations and/or Outreach support groups as requested
- Presentations during the PRIDE Pre-service Program to inform potential foster parents of the service
- Submission of
annual reports to the Department of Community Services
- Providing support and advocacy to foster families going through an investigation or appeal process where they disagree with a decision affecting their home
- Attendance as a guest speaker/panellist at PRIDE Module 9: Managing the Fostering Experience
Click here to view the Foster Allegation Support Services brochure.