Welcome to The Federation of Foster Families of Nova Scotia. We are a charitable organization funded by the Nova Scotia Department of Community Services and governed by a Board of Directors, who are foster parents themselves.
Our mission is to provide a collective voice for all foster parents in Nova Scotia. In pursuit of this mission, the Federation will ensure assistance and support for foster families and Foster Family Associations.
- To ensure the integrity of the Federation as the collective voice for all foster parents
- To better equip foster parents in the provision of the best possible child care
- To promote a positive profile of foster care
- To encourage the development of Foster Family Associations and support groups
- To continually work toward improving foster care in Nova Scotia