Over the past two weeks, many of you have come out across the province to our various road show sessions. We recognize that due to outstanding commitments, some of you were unable to attend in person. To ensure everyone has the opportunity to hear the information and ask questions, we have scheduled a virtual session for
Monday, July 4, 2022 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. This session is specifically for caregivers who were unable to attend an in person session.
The Foster Care Redesign project represents a significant change for children, caregivers and staff in the foster care system.
The Foster Care Redesign Roadshow will seek to:
- Build awareness of Foster Care Redesign among staff and foster caregivers
- Provide a follow up to the FFFNS AGM and an opportunity for foster caregivers to ask questions
- Create an understanding of the concerns and hopes of staff and foster caregivers
The virtual session will be hosted on the Go To Webinar platform. Registration can be completed by accessing the link here. Further details are below.
We look forward to meeting with you in July.
Reminder: this session is for caregivers who did not attend an in person session.
Foster Care Redesign Project Team
How to Register:
Please register at your earliest convenience by clicking on the link here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar and an option to add the event to your calendar.
To add the event to your calendar:
- Select the Outlook® Calendar hyperlink within your confirmation email
- Select Open file within the dialog box that appears
- Accept the Outlook meeting invite
Once you are in, if you experience audio issues (e.g., can see the presentation but are unable to hear), there are a few possibilities why this might be happening:
- The organizer might not have begun the broadcast yet. If you see the Control Panel and hear intermittent beeps, then the organizer has started the webinar but hasn’t begun the broadcast. Remain connected and wait for the organizer
- The wrong audio mode might be selected in the app. Open the Audio pane and make sure you are connected to the audio mode of your choice.
- The volume of your speakers might be turned down too low. Gradually turn up the volume until you can hear something.
- GoTo Webinar might be playing through the wrong output. Check the Audio pane to make sure the correct output device is selected. Otherwise, re-plug your audio hardware and GoTo Webinar should automatically detect it.
- You may need to update your audio/video drivers (Windows). Outdated drivers can cause interference. Make sure you have installed any driver updates for both your audio and video cards.